Sushi Chef Sushi Making Kit
- Sushi Chef
- Food & Beverage
- 7.60 lbs
Sushi Kit provides all the ingredients (excluding fresh toppings), tools, and instruction needed to create Japanese-style sushi
- Premium ingredients from the Baycliff Company include sushi and rice vinegars, short-grain rice, nori seaweed sheets, soy sauce, wasabi, and pickled ginger
- Tools include a bamboo nori rolling mat and a rice paddle
- Sushi Chef Cookbook includes a brief history, step-by-step instructions, and recipes
- Enough ingredients included to prepare a meal for 12 with approximately 125 pieces of individual sushi
The Sushi Chef Sushi Making Kit from the Bay cliff Company contains all the basic ingredients and tools you need to create your own Japanese-style sushi at home. The kit provides the premium, Japanese-style vinegars, nori (toasted seaweed), and short-grain rice that distinguish professionally-made, restaurant-quality sushi.
The kit also includes the bamboo rolling mat and rice paddle essential to forming and mixing the rice. A detailed recipe book that contains a brief history, step by step instructions, and recipes provides the instruction you need to make a variety of delicious and exotic sushi. Finally, Japanese dark soy sauce, pickled ginger, and Wasabi (powdered horseradish) put the finishing touches on your at-home, sushi meal from scratch. All you provide are the fresh ingredients.
With enough pre-measured ingredients to make 125 pieces of sushi, or roughly a complete meal for 12, the Sushi Chef Sushi Making Kit is a wonderful gift for foodies or anyone interested having a sushi dinner party. The Sushi Chef Sushi Making Kit takes the intimidation out of creating homemade sushi by assembling the top-quality ingredients made by exclusively by the Baycliff Company with the tools and instruction you need to remove the intimidation factor from this classic food preparation.
Sushi for All: In recent years, Sushi has become an internationally beloved food--valued for both the beauty of its presentation and its great nutrition. Sushi balances a variety of tastes, from bitter to sweet to spicy, in a beautiful presentation that is as appealing to the eye as it is to the palate. Better yet, sushi provides filling and highly satisfying meal that is low in fat and calories that highlights fresh, high-quality ingredients including vegetables, fish, and lean meats.
The Baycliff Company Story: President of Baycliff Company and creator of the Sushi Chef line of products, Helen Tandler, left her multi-million dollar budget and large staff at Citicorp in the early 1980s to pursue a more personally fulfilling path. At that same time, many Americans were gaining interest in Japanese cuisine and sushi--while many were still unfamiliar with the techniques for its preparation.
An avid amateur chef with a particular interest in ethnic cuisine, Helen recognized the growing interest in this healthy, creative, and beautiful food and the idea for a Sushi Kit was born. In Helen's own words, “You’ve seen an article in the New York Times about a new kind of food; you’d like to cook it; you don’t have a recipe, you have only some of the ingredients—and the Times article says only ‘see ethnic food shops.’” That was the premise on which the Sushi Chef Sushi Making Kit was created.
Get Creative: Many people believe sushi always includes raw fish, but this is not so. The word “sushi” actually refers to specially vinegared rice. Sushi may include raw fish or seafood, but it is by no means a requirement in this delicious dish. Many decidedly “American” ingredients can be used and enjoyed in sushi. Have you ever had smoked turkey or roast beef sushi, or a sweet potato sushi roll? Sushi is beautifully adaptable to individual tastes.
What’s Included in Each Sushi Chef Sushi Making Kit:
- Bamboo Rolling Mat--used to wrap nori (toasted seaweed sheets) around rice and fillings.
- Rice Paddle--allows you to properly toss warm rice with sushi vinegar.
- Premium Nori (Toasted Seaweed) Sheets--offers a delicate, subtle flavor and designed not to crack and break when rolled.
- Japanese Rice Vinegar--100 percent natural and specially brewed with a centuries-old process to yield a delicate, tangy flavor.
- Japanese Sushi Vinegar--specially seasoned 100 percent natural rice vinegar lends the flavor and sheen for which sushi rice is famous.
- Japanese Dark Soy Sauce--this naturally brewed, high-quality imported soy sauce has a bright flavor and aroma, and is perfect for dipping sushi and sashimi.
- Japanese-style Short-Grain Rice--moist, clingy, and flavorful, this is most preferred rice for making sushi in New York City bars and restaurants.
- Japanese Pickled Ginger--this cool, sharp condiment made from tender, young ginger roots, is eaten in slivers between different varieties of sushi to cleanse the palate.
- Wasabi (Powdered Horseradish)--sourced in Japan from one of the oldest and most reputable producers of wasabi.
- The Sushi Chef Cookbook--everything the amateur sushi chef needs to know to create and enjoy sushi at home, including a brief history, step-by-step instructions, and recipes.